Cinnamon Rolls- They need no introduction, if you love cinnamon, eggs, vanilla, cream cheese and all things good, you’ll love this recipe. These quick and easy cinnamon rolls are prepared in 1hour, from scratch.
Cinnamon rolls take time like all dinner rolls or breads, whenever I plan to make them, I realize I don’t have 2 hours in hand. Yesterday, while searching for a quick rise method, I came across the warm oven method that doesn’t take 2-3hours in order to bake them. All you need to do is let your dough rest for 10 mins before you roll them out, fill it with the cinnamon filling, shape it, cut it and put it in your baking dish and pop them into a warm oven(turned off, pre-heated, 180degrees for 5mins) and they’ll rise in 20mins. Voila!
Doesn’t that make the work a whole lot easier. All you have on hand is time to enjoy them. Yesterday, while I was preparing dinner, I suddenly started craving for them and after a quick search for fast proofing method I came across this and it is fail-proof. And, I ate three rolls last night itself and one after I woke up this morning, these are to die for delicious.
Cinnamon Rolls (in an hour)
All Purpose Flour- 21/2cups
Instant Yeast- 11/2tspn
For the Filling
Butter(softened)-1tblspn (for brushing on the rolled dough)
Cinnamon Powder- 1tblspn
Brown Sugar-1/2 cup
For the Glaze
Icing Sugar- 1/2cup
Cream Cheese- 1-2tblspn
Vanilla Essence- 1/2tspn
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10mins.
2. Take a bowl, pour warm milk, 1tspn sugar and yeast. Let it rest for 3-5mins until it foams up.
3. Add vanilla extract, egg, melted butter to the yeast mixture and stir.
4. Mix All purpose flour, Sugar and salt in a bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the yeast mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
6. Transfer this dough to your work surface dusted with flour, knead it for 2-3mins until it becomes a smooth dough.
7. Transfer in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it and let it rest for 5mins.
8. In a bowl mix cinnamon powder and brown sugar.
9. Roll out the dough into a rectangle. smear it with softened butter all over.
10. sprinkle the cinnamon mixture generously on it and shape it into a tight log.
11. Cut into 12 or 16 equal pieces and place it in a (9inch)lined baking tin.
12. Cover it with foil and place it in the oven(oven turned off) for the final rise for 20mins or until doubled in size.
13. After 20min, take out the baking pan, remove foil, brush melted butter on top of the rolls.
14 Bake it for 20mins at 180degrees. Meanwhile prepare the icing.
15. Put cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and mix until it forms a paste. Add icing sugar little by little until it all gets mixed.
16. Add milk slowly to make the glaze of your desired consistency.
17. Once the cinnamon rolls are baked, smear them with glaze when warm. Serve!
Note: I have used instant yeast, if you’re using Active dry yeast, you might require maybe 10mins more for the final rise.
Please leave your feedback whenever you try out this recipe. Also, if you like my efforts, you can like my facebook page to stay updated on the recipes 🙂