Paneer Paratha is Indian unleavened flatbread made on a gridle, whole wheat dough stuffed with crumbled cottage cheese along with other spices. Quick, filling and mouthwatering. It is typical to North India especially Punjab but now enjoyed all over India.
It is best to prepare these paratha with homemade cheese, the smooth and silky texture of paneer lends a rich feek to the paratha. If you’re buying store-bought paneer, malai paneer would be your best bet. We don’t want any chewy, rubbery parathas.
These are my favourite type of paratha and I love Aloo Paratha & Sattu ka Paratha which were the regular fare while i was growing up however this one tops the list mainly because I love paneer and I love everything paneer.
Off-late I’ve been making it a lot, especially when I don’t want to make too much of an effort and still have an awesome meal. It can be had along side some raita, , achar, coriander chutney, ketchup or as it is.
Traditionally this was eaten as a breakfast but it makes for a great tiffin or even dinner option as well. It’s so delicious, even picky eaters would polish this off in no time.
The dough for the stuffed paratha needs to be soft not firm but not sticky. This is mainly to roll the dough easily without the stuffing oozing out of the paratha. Check out the video below to see how to roll and fold the paratha so that the entire paratha is filled with stuffing yet it doesn’t ooze out of the paratha.
Paneer Paratha Video Recipe
SUBSCRIBE to my channel for more easy and delicious recipes!
How to make Paneer Paratha Recipe
For the dough
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- As Required Water
For the Stuffing
- 200 gms Paneer Crumbled
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 5-6 Cloves Garlic crushed & chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilies desseded & chopped
- Few sprigs Coriander Leaves chopped
- 2 tspn Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 tspn Garam Masala Powder-
- 1 tspn Chaat Masala
- to taste Salt
- For Frying Oil
- Take whole wheat flour in a deep dish, make a well & add water little by little and
- Knead for a minute or two until it becomes a dough. Cover & let it rest for 10 minutes
- Wet your palms with water and knead the dough for a minute to form a soft dough
- Prepare the Stuffing, combine all the ingredients and keep aside
- Roll out the dough the size of your palm, take the rolled dough in your hand
- Fill with the stuffing generously leaving the sides
- Pinch and fold to close the stuffing and form a dough ball, discard extra dough
- Flatten the stuffed dough and roll out gently with folded size on top
- Dust flour when required and roll out the paneer paratha of the desired size
- Place the paneer paratha on a hot tawa, flip when you see bubbles
- Apply few drops of oil and spread all over.
- Fry on both sides until done. Serve hot with Raita, Mint Chutney or Pickle
Do share your feedback and suggestions in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to check out Khanpaan Facebook page to stay updated on the recipes posts. If you try out the recipe, do tag me on Instagram @Khanpaan.in, would love to feature your recreations.