No-Bake Mango Cheesecake is my idea to welcome the Mango season. I have been making it for years now, it’s a sweet treat with no-fail method, eggless and absolutely no baking and barely couple of minutes of cooking time makes it a win-win dessert.
I was introduced to this recipe way back in 2015 perhaps or even earlier by Neha Dadarkar, whom I met on a food group on facebook. She has got some amazing culinary skills and this No-bake Mango Cheesecake is adaptation of her recipe however her recipe uses Gelatin which I have replaced with Agar Agar. Also, I have made changes to the recipe in terms of proportion as to what works for me.
This is a vegetarian version and I have used Agar Agar strips for the same. Agar agar sets at room temperature so once it’s melted, one has to work around it quickly. I have never used Agar Agar powder, the strips are easily available in local stores or online. And, it sets wonderfully and the texture is quite nice and creamy. In this recipe I have used Cottage Cheese however I have made with Cream Cheese in the past and the texture is undeniable smoother but this one gives a brilliant texture and perfect as far as taste is concerned.
You can also check out the video below on my new Youtube Channel. Feel free to SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you like my videos, would lend me a boost in sharing more such videos. If you like my effort, do follow Khanpaan Facebook page & Instagram account @Khanpaan.in to stay updated on the recipes posts. Do share your feedback and suggestions in the comment section below. For the full writen recipe, check below the video.
How to make No-Bake Mango Cheesecake | No-Bake Mango Cheesecake Recipe
For the Base
Digestive Biscuits- 200gms
For the Filling
Cottage Cheese/Cream Cheese- 200gms
Condensed Milk- 200gms
Agar Agar strips- 15gms
For the Glaze
Mango, Pureed- 2
Agar Agar Strips- 5gms
- Place the digestive biscuits in a mixer or blender and pulse for a couple of minutes until it’s crushed
- Add Sugar and pulse again
- In a bowl, melt butter in a microwave
- Mix the butter with digestive biscuit mixture
- transfer the mixture to a springform pan, press it with bowl or spatula to spread evenly. Keep aside in Fridge
- Puree the chopped mangoes in a blender
- Add cream, cottage Cheese, condensed milk one by one and pulse until it’s well incorporated
- Now wash the Agar Agar strips until it’s soft
- Heat water in a pan and add washed Agar Agar
- Stir until it melts completely
- Mix this completely into the cheesecake mixture
- Pour into the springform pan and spread evenly
- For the glaze, repeat the process with Agar Agar with the given water quantity
- Once melted, add with the mango puree and mix
- Pour over the filling and chill for 6-8hours in refrigerator
- Once set, de-mould from the pan. Slice and Serve!
Note: If you don’t have a springform pan, line the pan completely with aluminum foil so that you can de-mould it easily.
This can also be set in individual serving bowls or shot glasses, makes for a great party treat.