How to Store Mint leaves for long time– Storing Mint has always been a struggle for many. A lot of people always had queries as to how they can effectively store mint without them going stale. Let me walk you through simple ways in which you can store Mint effectively. You can also check out my first YouTube video below in which I’ve explained how to store mint leaves for long time!
Mint Leaves in water- Stays good for a Week
- Wash mint leaves carefully. Take a mug and fill three fourth with water.
- Place mint leaves with stalk in the mug.
- cover with cling film so that it’s not exposed to air.
- Place it in fridge.
Mint Leaves wrapped in Tissue Paper- Stays good for 3 weeks
- Take Mint leaves and wash thoroughly.
- Dry it completely with the help of a tissue paper.
- Take a container, line a tissue paper and place the mint leaves inside.
- cover with tissue paper and close the lid.
- Keep it the fridge.
Mint Powder- Stays good for a month
- Wash mint leaves.
- Pat dry with help of tissue paper.
- Microwave it on high for 2 minutes.
- Keep it aside for 5 minutes
- Crush it by placing it in between your palms.
- Store in Airtight jar in fridge.
Frozen Mint Cubes- Stays good for 3 months
- Wash mint leaves and remove leaves from stalk.
- Chop mint leaves roughly.
- Place it an ice tray and pour water to the brim.
- Freeze it for an hour or until set.
- Take out mint cubes from ice tray and store in airtight container or ziploc bags.
If you like my effort, do follow Khanpaan Facebook page & @Khanpaan.in to stay updated on the recipes posts. Also, don’t forget to Subscribe to Khanpaan Youtube channel for recipe videos. Do share your feedback in the comments section below.