Gajar Ka Halwa in Microwave- This is my 15th post and the first of 2015, I had been unwell since past few days and couldn’t post anything. Nonetheless, there couldn’t have been a better start, Gajar ka Halwa is very close to my heart and it is the perfect dish to welcome new year. Gajar ka halwa is one dish that I believe everybody makes once in winters in India.
I have made it few a times the traditional way this year and the microwave version as well but I have got the opportunity now to share with you all. My aim has been to simplify things and bring easy recipes to you all and this one is no different, this is yet another easy Gajar ka halwa in Microwave recipe. Make your favourite gajar ka halwa this way, it is easy to make and easier to gulp down.
Gajar Ka Halwa in Microwave
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Carrots: 2 cup
Sugar: 2tblspn (powdered)
Milk Powder: 2tspn
Cardamom powder: 1/2tspn
Almonds: to garnish
1. Put 1tspn ghee in a microwave safe bowl and heat it on microwave high for 10 secs.
2. Add grated carrots in the bowl and mix and heat it on microwave for 1 minutes.
3. Powder the sugar and mix the powdered sugar, milk powder, cardamom powder, milk and make a fine paste.
4. Add the paste to the carrots and microwave for 8-9 minutes, keep checking after 3 minutes interval to stir it if required.
5. Garnish it with almonds once done. serve hot or as you like.
Note: I haven’t added dry fruits in this version, you can always add chopped pistachios, cashews and raisins as per your taste.