Chicken Samosa is a popular snack that is widely cherished during the holy month of Ramadan. The samosa strips are folded to encase the stuffing and then sealed and fried. Chicken Samosa is perfect as a tea-time snack as well or as a party food. It’s easy to make and would have many takers.
However, I have made my own samosa strips, the ready-made samosa strips are way to crisp for my liking. I’m sharing with you the ingredients in case you’re like me or it’s not available with you. Don’t let the absence of samosa strips deter you from making these goodies.
You can also check out the Mutton Keema Samosa, it’s super easy to make and tastes divine. It has always been a favourite at my place.
If you like my effort, do follow Khanpaan Facebook page to stay updated on the recipes posts. Do share your feedback in the comments section below. If you try out this recipe, I’d love to see on instagram, tag me if you post or DM me your recreations- I’m @Khanpaan.in. On to the recipe now!
Chicken Samosa Recipe | How to make Chicken Samosa
For the Stuffing
Chicken Mince- 250grms
Onion- 2 (medium, finely chopped)
Ginger- 1 inch (finely chopped)
Garlic- 6-8 cloves (finely crushed)
Turmeric Powder- 1/2tspn
White Pepper Powder- 1/2tspn
Black Pepper Powder- 1/2tspn
Cumin Powder- 1/2tspn
Garam Masala Powder- 1tspn
Green Chilies- 2 (desseded, finely chopped)
Coriander Leaves-a bunch (finely chopped)
Lemon juice- 2tspn
Salt- to taste
For the dough
All Purpose Flour- 2Cups
Salt- to taste
Water- as required
- Take APF in a bowl, add salt, ghee and mix thoroughly. Add water little by little and knead a firm dough. Cover it and keep it aside.
- In a wok, add butter, when it melts, add crushed garlic and ginger. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add onions, stir it until it turns translucent, add green chilies. Add all the dry spice powders.
- Add minced chicken to this and give it a good stir. Cover & cook for 5-10mins.
- Once the mixture has dried up, add coriander leaves & lemon juice and keep it aside.
- Now roll out round puris for samosa sheets, divide into two and shape, fill it with stuffing & seal the edges.
- Heat oil in a kadai, fry on medium heat until it looks golden.
- Serve hot with Ketchup or Chutney of your choice.