Brownie- Bownie is a baked, chocolate dessert. Unlikes cakes bownies have more chocolate content in them as compared to the flour. Chocolates, Cocoa Powder, chocolate chips are generally added to make them rich, decadent. There are a variety of brownies, gooey, fudgy, cakey among others.
I have been trying to cut back on desserts but somehow I give in to my cravings, last night was one such instance. I have baked these before and the last time I did, I forgot to grease my baking tray. It did stick at the bottom but we were too happy to scrape it and finish every bit of it.
I am just giving some perspective here as to how these brownies can be irresistible even after a burnt base. You have to be a brownie fan to love these, this a moist and gooey brownie and the aroma that fills your house while baking it is heavenly.Although I prefer walnuts more when it comes to brownies, but I have added almonds here and it did not disappoint me 🙂
I am a foodie and my husband loves good food but he doesn’t live to eat. But, for me, my life revolves around food, I consider a day well spent if I am satisfied with the food that I ate. Yesterday It was almost midnight that I decided to make these and I don’t know where do I get that enthusiasm and energy to bake even after a long day. And all it took was half an hour to make these beauties, all you need is the ingredients and the mood.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 20 mins
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Cocoa powder- 1/3 cup
sugar- 1 cup
baking powder- 1/4tspn
salt- a pinch
oil- 1/4 cup
vanilla extract- 1tspn
Almonds- 6-7 (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree Celsius.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl until fluffy, add vanilla essence and keep aside.
3. Powder the sugar in a mixer and mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Slowly mix the dry ingredients in the egg mixture.
5. Add oil to the mixture, slowly mix the ingredients. Make sure you don’t over beat it.
6. Grease a square baking tray with oil, sprinkle some APF over it, pour the mixture into it, sprinkle chopped almonds from the top.
7. Bake at 170 degree Celsius for 15- 20 minutes or until the brownie leaves the sides of the pan.
Note: Keep an eye after 15 mins, if you like it moist, its almost ready by 15 mins.